atoast2toast.com

impatient, obnoxious, petty, argumentative, and obsessed over meaningless details

breffnys word

Harvard educated Breffmeister tells us how to do it, clearly inspired by Guidos of Jersey Shore:

11 responses to “breffnys word

1. sdaedalus January 17, 2011 at 10:22 pm

I was going to send you the link for this.

I worry about a guy who can’t use the word “smelly”. Using the term “lack of freshness” to refer to B.O. is a bit elderly

2. sdaedalus January 17, 2011 at 10:26 pm

Also, this guy looks like every guy I’ve ever met who works for AIB.

• atoast2toast January 18, 2011 at 10:37 am

It must be the colour of the shirt and tie – i think it is standard equipment among the grunts in AIB – I did an interview in bank centre during the autumn and the interviewer had food all over his suit jacket. I never did hear back from them. It might be nice to work for the public sector where you can get a huge bonus for doing a shitty job.

You can see in the photos that the Breffster has the much sought after i-phone. He is obsessed about getting the digits like Will Hunting or Vince Vaughan in Swingers (have you seen this movie btw SD?). Breff even manages to wake up with new phone numbers when he gets hammered but he advises others to do as he says and not as he does (this was published in a magazine called Cheers whose raison d’etre is to advertise Dublin pubs and clubs. It is almost as vile as the radio ad’s that the Vintners produce).

Breff is speaking for a whole generation of testosterone driven Irish males and reminds me of http://atoast2toast.com/2010/09/14/boozed-up-irish-abroad/. The ‘grenade’ reference comes from Jersey shore too.

If you want to read about Breff’s opposite numbers there was an article in Sunday Times style mag about different categories of girls in Englands public schools. It deals mainly with the Abercrombie-tracksuit-Ugg-girl look. I thought this was a Beverly Hills thing which became an Irish phenomenon. I find it strange that it has managed to cross social boundaries, age and geographical divides here. If you haven’t seen it I can upload it later if you are interested.

3. sdaedalus January 18, 2011 at 4:52 pm

All this stuff looks very familiar to me from the Internet. He even uses the term “alpha male”.
    I read the Sunday Times article. Yes, it is interesting how the tracksuit-ugg thing crossed the social divide.
    I think WAGs had a lot to do with it. Inevitably, weight gain results due to the elasticated waist, denied by the wearer due to the fact “my clothes still fit”. At least jeans don’t stretch to the same extent.

4. sdaedalus January 18, 2011 at 4:53 pm

I am not sure how Breff gets so many phone numbers but it is proof that God loves a trier. Do the numbers work though? It’s always been my opinion that phone number close doesn’t really mean very much if you don’t even get a date out of it.

• atoast2toast January 18, 2011 at 8:59 pm

i hate asking people for phone numbers, there is that vile period of entering it in your phone. I find you are far better off taking a sly photo of a stranger and doing a reverse image search on tineye and then stalking via facebook (joking but not far from possible)

5. sdaedalus January 18, 2011 at 9:06 pm

I can’t see how tineye would work if you took the photo, as far as I know it has not yet progressed to the face recognition stage. I can see how it would work if some anonymous person you had met on the web sent you a photo, which might be up on the web elsewhere, but that’s not the situation you’re talking about.

• atoast2toast January 18, 2011 at 9:10 pm

sounds like you have tried the approach I outlined – you will just have to wait until tineye gets a bit smarter

6. sdaedalus January 18, 2011 at 9:14 pm

Touché, Monsieur.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.